Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Develop procedures and provide guidance in the production of fabricated tube weldments and assemblies. Manages a welding training program in compliance with customer requirements industry standards and serves as a management resource interpreting weld and fab requirements in support of new business capture and production processes.
- Interprets technical requirements for weld and braze, monitors, and supports related production and business capture activities.
- Provides training, technical, assistance and support to other departments regarding weld braze and related fab.
- Establish and implement engineering work instructions and documentation per ISO9001, company policy, and document procedures for related weld and fab.
- Current working knowledge of industry standards and compliance programs.
- Design and develop tooling/fixtures for weld and braze production.
- Research, develop, and improve existing manufacturing processes as well as investigating alternative processes.
- Recommend and implement cost reduction programs.
- Implementation and maintenance of weld program in compliance with AWS and customers specifications.
- Provide technical support for production, customer inquiries, quotation, and new business capture.
- Establishes equipment performance specifications, action plans, work instructions, weld procedures, test procedures, and other documentation to support factory operations.
- Improves existing processes to increase safety, quality, productivity, product flow and reliability through innovative solutions.
- Recommends and justifies equipment purchases and oversees installation and monitors use.
- ISO9001 awareness and compliance
- Serve as a collaborative member of management team
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) in welding or manufacturing engineering preferred. Experience and industrial educational equivalency considered.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in general metal fabrication with emphasis on weld, braze and metal joining techniques, all industry accreditation and certifications considered.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO: email@example.com